Buying a new car or used car? Here are the pros and cons to consider
If you are in the market to buy a car, consider these top tips
When buying a car, you have a range of purchasing decisions to make. Not only do you need to pick the make and model, you also need to decide if you want to buy a new or used car. This answer often comes down to the best possible deal suitable for your needs and your budget.
If you are in the market to buy a car, here are some pros and cons from motus.cars, for each option for you to consider:
The advantages of buying a new car:
- Knowing that you are the first owner of the car creates peace of mind.
- New cars typically come with a comprehensive manufacturer warranty and full-service plan.
- A new car will generally require less maintenance than a used car for the first few years.
- You often have the choice to customise your new car with various options and luxury features, such as specifying the exterior paint colour.
- New cars come standard with the latest gadgets, engine technology, fuel efficiency rates and safety features, so you can be sure you are getting the most for your money.
The disadvantages of buying a new car:
- The biggest disadvantage of buying a new car is that you lose money on it as soon as you drive it. off the dealer floor. A new car takes its biggest depreciation in the first two or three years.
- Optional features will add to the price of the car.
- New cars are more expensive – so you get less bang for your buck. Try browsing promotions on motus.cars for new cars at a great deal.
- Dealerships will only sell the latest model of a particular car.
The advantages of buying a used car:
- The biggest advantage of buying a used car is that you’ve let someone else take the biggest depreciation hit on the car.
- If you buy a used car, the reduced purchase price results in lower finance costs and lower insurance premiums. Use the affordability calculator to assist you in working out what you can afford.
- You could potentially still benefit from the balance of the motor plan and warranty which will be transferred with the car.
- You have a far wider choice of vehicle when buying a used car and can consider older models and a wider variety. Browse thousands of used cars that have been meticulously checked to help you shop with confidence on motus.cars
The disadvantages of buying a used car:
- The biggest disadvantage of buying a used car is that it may not be as reliable, or you may need to do more repairs on it. However, you do have the option of buying a certified pre-owned car through a trusted car dealer such as motus.cars
- The buyer cannot add optional extras and safety features to the car.
- The buyer must select from the used cars for sale and cannot be too selective on certain features like colour, year etc. Motus.cars owns over 10 000 cars so the options are endless, browse now! Guarantted not stolen or rebuilt.
Making the Decision
Everyone will need to decide for themselves what the best option is based on their unique needs. Buying a car should always be a practical decision - one you can comfortably afford to live with.
motus.cars gives car shoppers the ability to compare cars across all available brands. Even more conveniently, the website offers the ability to compare cars across new, used and demo categories, making your car buying journey easier.