2014 Volvo V40
Unique older Volvo with low mileage!
Model: 2014 Volvo V40 T4 Excel Powershift
Pre-Owned Price: R 219 900
Mileage: 36 200km
Warranty: Extended warranty available as option
Fuel Consumption (combined): 6.2-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 8.5 seconds
Contact: Anton Burger from Lindsay Saker Fourways at 074 471 2533
Unique older Volvo with low mileage!
Older used vehicles with low mileage more than often offers immensely high levels of value for money and that is exactly why we are featuring this particular Volvo this week. Our 2014 Volvo V40 T4 on test has only clocked up 36 200km over the years and with such low usage the vehicle is still in an exceptionally good condition and thus offers great value at a little more than R 200 000.
Background and condition of vehicle:
- Although just about seven years old our Volvo V40 T4 has not worked hard at all, as the low mileage indicates.
- So too the vehicle was well cared for and due to the high levels of quality materials utilized in this Swedish car the vehicle is all-round in a good condition.
- For the most part the only real flaws we noticed were some pavement scratch marks on the alloy wheels which is easy and cheap to fix. I want to go as far as to say that Lindsay Saker could easily refurbish the alloy wheels for the next potential buyer.
- Good news is that the 225/40ZR18 rubber fitted to this Volvo still displayed plenty of tread and will not need replacing soon.
Performance and Economy:
- Volvo has for numerous years been at the forefront of developing force-fed powerplants and it shows with this Volvo V40.
- The 1.6-litre turbocharged engine pumps out a 132 Kilowatts of power and 270Nm of torque.
- By today’s standards these figures might not sound all that impressive, but the T4 delivers it’s power very efficiently.
- City driving especially is effortless with good amounts of torque available at low speeds, aided by well-spaced ratios from the 6-speed automatic gearbox.
- Outright performance is not bad either with the Volvo capable of reaching a 100km/h in around 8.5-seconds.
- Fuel economy proved very decent with Volvo quoting a combined fuel economy figure of 6.2-litre per 100km.
How does it drive?
- Comfort has always been a priority at Volvo and thus it is no surprise the Volvo offers ride quality capable of soaking up most irregularities in the road surface with ease and that despite it’s low 40-profile tyres.
- The ride remains firm, but always comfortable.
- Tackling bends at speed also posed no problems for this Volvo V40 with the chassis providing safe and predictable handling characteristics.
- Safety systems included stability control as well as an ABS braking system with EBD.
Inside the vehicle:
- The inside of the Volvo is certainly a nice place to spend time in.
- Volvo seats have always been extremely comfortable and its no different with this V40.
- For the rest, the cabin is of good quality and although older it still feels quite premium.
- I especially found the instrumentation panel interesting with it’s different display options or mood functions as they call it.
- You even get a multi-media infotainment system, although as expected with slightly older technology.
- Standard features are plenty full and included the following:
- Climate control air-conditioning - Cruise control
- Central Locking - Leather upholstery
- Auto headlights on - Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Infotainment system with screen - USB connection
- On-Board trip computer - Front and side airbags (7)
- Cupholders - Isofix rear seats
- ABS braking with EBD - Stop/Start
- Traction and stability control - Rain sensor
- Multi-function steering wheel - 12V socket
- Electric windows
Space and Practicality:
- Although in hatchback form the V40 offers quite a spacious cabin.
- Front, as well as rear head and legroom proved more than adequate for a vehicle of this nature.
- So too, boot space compared well with most of its main rivals with 335-litres on offer. With the seats folded flat loading space increases to 1 032-litres.
- Finding older vehicles with low mileage is rare and therefore this Volvo is an exceptional buy.
- Especially at just R 219 000 you are certainly getting a lot of car for your money and therefore a great alternative compared to buying a new entry level vehicle.
- Good performance
- Frugal fuel economy
- High levels of comfort at the price
X No factory warranty (Extended warranty available though)