2015 Mercedes-Benz C220
Pristine C-Class packed with many optional features!
Model: 2015 Mercedes-Benz C220 Bluetec (A)
Pre-Owned Price: R 349 900
Mileage: 64 990km
Maintenance Plan: Remainder of 6-year/100 000km plan
Fuel Consumption (combined): 4.2-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 7.5 seconds
Contact: Dale Peterson from Motus Select Zambezi at (012) 492 5195
Pristine C-Class packed with many optional features!
When you are looking for rock solid premium used car buy there is little that can beat a Mercedes-Benz.
In 2015-guise our C220 Bluetec still offers attractive styling and all the modern technology you will find in the latest executive saloon offerings on the market.
The C220 is a vehicle that is ageing well and is therefore quite sought after on the used car market.
Our C220 tested this week proved to be unique due to its long list of optional luxury and safety features and therefore enhancing the value this C220 offers buyers.
Background and Condition of vehicle:
- High levels of quality and durability have ensured that Mercedes-Benz C-Class models have become popular buys on the used car market.
- Especially the slightly older models have proven to be especially sought after as they just offer so much more value to the consumer.
- I was blowen away by this vehicle’s condition after its 5-year lifespan and 65 000 kilometres of motoring. The interior just about still seemed like new, while the exterior also proved to be in a perfect condition.
- The previous owner took great care in looking after this vehicle and due to it’s pristine condition it is hard to believe that this is a 5-year old vehicle.
- The previous owner even had clear protective film fitted to the front bumper, as well as the bonnet for added protection from stone chips.
Performance and Economy:
- The C220 comes powered by a 2.1-litre turbo-diesel engine that delivers a 125kW of maximum power, accompanied by 400Nm of torque.
- The engine is probably not as refined as some of the latest luxury executive saloons on the market, but still delivers strong all-round performance and economy.
- The 0-100 km/h dash can be dispatched in around 7.5-seconds.
- Shifting the vehicle into the Eco-driving mode, the C220 can achieve fuel economy figures as low as 4.2-litres per 100km, which is most impressive!
How does it drive?
- The engine comes coupled to a silky-smooth shifting 7-speed automatic gearbox.
- Overall refinement proved to be good and as expected from a luxury saloon of this caliber the C220 offers a most relaxed driving experience.
- Ride quality proved on par with the best on offer in this category, with high levels of comfort.
- Various driving modes that included Sport, Comfort, Eco and even an Individual setting could be selected to further enhance driver enjoyment or comfort when behind the wheel.
- Wind and road noise in the C-Class as expected was well suppressed.
Inside the vehicle:
- The C-Class interior is dominated by high quality materials and I especially found the white leather upholstery and quality polished wooden trim to be very classy.
- This C-Class also came fitted with an array of optional features fitted that included an 8.4-inch tablet like screen, satellite navigation, heads up display and a Burmester sound system just to mention a few.
- The full list of features included the following:
- Dual-zone Climate Control
- Adaptive cruise control
- Central Locking
- Electronic handbrake
- LED Day-time driving lights
- Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Infotainment system with screen - USB connection and 12V port
- On-Board trip computer
- Front and side airbags (7)
- Isofix rear seats
- ABS braking with EBD - Stop/Start
- Traction and stability control
- Sport, Comfort, Economy driving modes
- Multi-function steering wheel - Park distance control front and rear
- Paddle shifters - Tyre pressure monitor
- Voice command
- Special white leather upholstery
- Auto headlights on - Blind Spot assist
- Rain sensor - Active Park Assist
- Electric windows
- Lane Keep Assist
- Heads up display - Satellite navigation
- Burmester sound system
Space and Practicality:
- The C220 is most certainly spacious enough for a vehicle in this sector of the market.
- You will find ample head and shoulder room for the front occupants, while rear leg room proved to be ample.
- The 480-litres of boot space is pretty average in this sector of the market, yet the boot has a wide opening allowing for easy loading of larger objects.
- Although one would think that optionally fitted white leather upholstery of our C220 would be impractical, I was amazed on how close to new the upholstery still looked after 5-years of motoring.
- Like most C-Class models our C220 offers a strong package in terms of performance, fuel economy and comfort, backed by strong residual values.
- Although our vehicle was 5-years old it was in an immaculate condition, showcasing the high levels of quality the C-Class offers.
- Seeing that the previous owner took great care in looking after this vehicle and the fact that it comes with so many optional features it offers superb value at just R 349 900.
- Without a doubt a whole lot of car at the price!
- Quality and durable materials
- Loads of features
- Good performance and fuel economy
- Lots of car for the money
X Engine not as refined as some newer offerings on the market
X No key-less entry