2017 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Super SUV for petrol heads!
Model: 2017 Porsche Cayenne GTS (Gen 2)
Pre-Owned Price: R 1 049 999
Mileage: 43 236km
Fuel Consumption (combined): 9.8-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 5.2 seconds
Contact: Anton Burger from Lindsay Saker Fourways at 074 471 2533
Super SUV for Petrol heads!
For the real petrol heads out there that still requires space and practicality to accompany performance, there can be no better choice than a Porsche Cayenne GTS. Although not as fast as the Turbo version the Cayenne GTS with its powerful V8 engine still provides an SUV driving experience second to none.
Background and condition of vehicle:
- For a 2017 model the mileage was on the low side and combined with the high-quality materials and excellent build quality of the Cayenne this vehicle still looked great inside and out.
- No flaws, marks or scratches were noticed at all.
- As expected from a quality vehicle like this you can be rest assured that it will age really well for quite some time into the future.
- The fat 295/35R21 Michelin rubber still displayed plenty of tread and will not need replacing soon.
Performance and Economy:
- The 4.8-litre V8 engine pumps out 324 Kilowatts of maximum power, accompanied by a beefy 600Nm of torque.
- This big SUV can blast past the 100km/h mark in only 5.2-seconds and reach a top speed of 260km/h, which by any standard is pretty fast.
- One of my favourite buttons of many in the Cayenne was the “Sport Exhaust” button, which opens flaps in the quad tailpipes that then allows for a much louder exhaust note.
- Apparently Porsche designers worked hard at perfecting an engine note that will make even the most hard-core enthusiasts hair stand up straight.
- Best of all is the GTS’s dual personality, as cruising comfortably or driving around slowly in traffic posed no problem for the Cayenne. In fact, it is absolutely effortless.
- The eight-speed Tiptronic box shifts sweetly and again in the normal mode it is exceptionally smooth.
- Fuel efficiency as expected is not one of the Cayenne GTS’s stronger attributes, yet a combined quoted fuel economy figure of 9.8-litres is quite acceptable
How does it drive?
- With so many options to choose from, finding the type of ride quality you are looking for is fine-tuned by simply pressing a button.
- Stiffening or softening the dampers can be done by simply pressing a button.
- On its hardest setting it is without a doubt the best handling SUV money can buy. Its agility, steering feel and sheer grip is simply mind blowing for a vehicle of this nature.
- Likewise, on its softest dampers setting it does offer a smooth and extremely comfortable ride on most surfaces.
- Large, ventilated discs all-round and a clever ABS-braking system also offers impressive stopping power for such a large vehicle.
- Other driving aids included, active suspension management, a PSM stability system and PDCC system that controls the anti-roll bars.
- If you would ever like to venture off-road the Cayenne GTS also comes equipped with a low-range transfer case, a lockable centre differential, an electronic traction control system and a hill descent control system.
- However, our vehicle was fitted with the huge 21-inch optional alloys, riding on fat 295/35ZR21 rubber, great for road holding, but certainly not for off-roading.
- Let’s be honest the GTS was never developed to tackle roads off the beaten track.
Inside the vehicle:
- The cabin of the GTS is absolutely brilliant. It is sporty yet retains that classy and quality feel you would expect from a vehicle of this nature.
- A combo of leather and “Alcantara” leather is used throughout the cabin, with even the dashboard, doors and roof kitted out with these materials.
- You also get some GTS branding on the doorsills and the centre instrument cluster as well as on the headrests.
- Not only is the cabin of the GTS an extremely comfortable place to spend time in, but like most SUV’s should be, the Cayenne GTS also proved spacious and practical in design.
- As expected the GTS came fully kitted and highlights included a massive panoramic sunroof, a multi-media infotainment system with satellite navigation and an electric rear power door.
- The full list of features is listed below:
- Dual-Zone Climate Control - Adaptive Cruise control
- Central Locking - Rain sensor
- Auto headlights on - Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Infotainment system with screen - USB connection
- On-Board trip computer - Front and side airbags (8)
- Cupholders - Isofix rear seats
- ABS braking with EBD - Stop/Start
- Traction and stability control - Sport and Economy driving modes
- Multi-function steering wheel - PDC front and rear with camera
- Electric windows - Panoramic Sunroof
- Voice command - Leather/Alcantara upholstery
- Power rear tailgate - Satellite navigation
- Off road driving modes - Start/Stop
- Paddle shifters - Dynamic damper settings
Space and Practicality:
- The Cayenne is a large vehicle and thus the interior proved spacious as expected.
- So too the boot can swallow large amounts of luggage with 670-litres on offer and 1 780-litres with the seats folded flat.
- For buyers seeking the practicality and space of an SUV but has petrol running through their veins there can be no better choice than a Porsche Cayenne GTS.
- Sublime performance in a sophisticated, quality, yet versatile package ensures an unforgettable SUV driving experience.
- Good performance
- Lovely engine note
- Porsche quality
X Maintenance could be expensive