Little Jeep proves very impressive at the price!
The Jeep Renegade is the smallest model to ever come from Jeep and although the Jeep shares its chassis with the Fiat 500X it is far more spacious than its mini underpinnings might suggest. The Renegade offers a lot of ground clearance that enables it to traverse some off the beaten track driving.
Model: 2018 Jeep Renegade 1.6
Pre-Owned Price: R 209 900
Mileage: 35 000km
Maintenance Plan: Remainder of 6-Year/100 000km
Warranty: Remainder of 3-Year/100 000Km
Fuel Consumption (combined): 6.0-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 11.0 seconds
Contact: Miguel Tavares from Cargo Exclusive Edenvale at 010 823 8679
Background and condition of vehicle:
- With 35 000Km on the clock, I was impressed by the pristine condition of this Jeep Renegade.
- This certainly indicates that the vehicle should be quite durable in the long run, especially if well looked after.
- No real defects at all were noticed on the vehicle, while our test vehicle also came fitted with four close to new tyres.
Performance and Economy:
- Looking at other similar offerings on the market and especially at this price point the Jeep Renegade offers very decent performance.
- Power is fed through the front wheels through a Fiat derived 1600cc 16-valve Multi-jet engine that delivers 81kW of maximum power and 152Nm of torque.
- The 0-100km/h dash takes around 11-seconds, while the Jeep’s average fuel consumption of 6.0-litres per 100km proved equally impressive for a vehicle of this nature.
How does it drive?
- Although there are some rivals in this sector of the market that offer better ride comfort, the Renegade with its increased ride height proved more than comfortable enough on even rougher roads.
- Overall the chassis is decently balanced too and adequately quiet over scarred roads.
- In and around town the Jeep proved fun to drive due to its smooth shifting manual gearbox, while the light steering action made maneuvering in and out of small spaces a breeze.
Inside the vehicle:
- Although there is quite a lot of plastic trim around, the cabin is funky and modern in design and has a real fun feel to it.
- Once inside the Jeep you will immediately notice the oversized stylized air vents, bevel-trimmed instruments, and upholstery with Jeep embossed logos.
- The small monochrome screen takes care of the basic infotainment system.
- Considering its price the Renegade’s luxury and safety features also impressed, Features included:
- Central Locking
- Front and Side Airbags (6)
- Multi-function steering wheel
- ABS with EBD and brake assist
- On-Board trip computer
- Stability Control
- Multi-media infotainment system
- Various cupholders
- Blue tooth phone connectivity
- Isofix rear seats
- Tyre pressure monitor
- USB and Aux ports and 12V connector
- Electronic handbrake
Space and Practicality:
- The Renegade has relatively large proportions for a vehicle in this segment, therefore cabin space is good, with masses of headroom and decent legroom for all occupants.
- Boot space is class-competitive at 351-litres or 1 297-litres with the seats folded down.
- I was certainly impressed by the all-round competence of this little Jeep Renegade, especially at this price point.
- Its pristine condition and the remaining 6-year/100 000km maintenance plan further adds value to this used car buy.
- Raised ride height
- All-round competence
- Good safety and luxury features at the price
- 6-Year Maintenance Plan
X Not as refined as some of its main rivals