2019 Renault Clio
Affordable sophistication and comfort!
Renault has most certainly spent time on improving the perceived quality of the interior, while also adding an array of multimedia technologies. Packed with features it is still priced below some of its main competitors like the Ford Fiesta and the VW Polo ensuring that its big on value for money too.
Model: 2019 Renault Clio 900 Turbo Expression (66kW)
Pre-Owned Price: R 179 900
Mileage: 21 800km
Maintenance Plan: Remainder of 3-year/45 000km
Warranty: Remainder of 5-Year/150 000Km
Fuel Consumption (combined): 5.5-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 12.9 seconds
Contact: Sebastian Fourie from Nissan Menlyn at 087 054 9808
Background and condition of vehicle:
- Our test vehicle was in a pristine condition as you would expect from a one-year old vehicle.
- We could not notice any marks or defects on the bodywork at all, while the interior was in an equally perfect condition.
- Our test vehicle also came fitted with four brand new 185/65R15 rubber boots.
Performance and Economy:
- Our used Clio was equipped with Renault’s super-efficient 900cc Turbocharged petrol engine.
- This engine offers 66kW of maximum power and 140Nm of torque.
- The engine provides spirited performance and that 3-cylinder soundtrack never gets old.
- You do have to drive the Clio quite hard to get the best out of it.
- The Clio 900 Turbo is super economical and driven sensibly you could achieve figures as low as 5.5-litres per 100km.
How does it drive?
- The Clio offers high levels of comfort, with dampers tuned to deliver a softer ride than you would expect from such a small hatchback.
- Handling was not neglected either with the Clio boasting decent steering response and sharp turn in characteristics.
- The brakes are strong and progressive, while the clutch and 5-speed manual gearbox proved light and easy to operate.
- It really is a vehicle that requires little effort to zip around town with.
Inside the vehicle:
- On a purely aesthetic level, the Clio’s interior is easily one of the more modern and visually appealing in its class.
- Although some of the plastic trim remains hard to the touch, it is at least soft on the eye.
- For a vehicle in this price bracket the Clio’s list of luxury and safety features also proved very impressive.
- Air-conditioning - Electric windows
- Central Locking - Bluetooth phone connectivity
- CD-Player - USB connection and 12V port
- On-Board trip computer - Front and side airbags (4)
- Multi-media infotainment system
- Auto on headlights
- PDC Rear - Satellite Navigation
- ABS Brakes with EBD - Isofix rear seats
- Eco Driving mode - Multi-Function steering wheel
- Cruise control - Leather covered steering wheel
- Key-less go
Space and Practicality:
- The driving position proved comfortable, while there is enough leg and head room for even taller people in the front, as well as the rear of the vehicle.
- Loading space compares well with its main rivals too with 300-litres of boot space that can be increased to 1 146-litres with the rear seats folded down.
Reasons to test drive the Renault Clio:
- Attractive, extremely well equipped and its easy-going nature ensures that the Renault Clio is a great used car buy.
- The fact that it is cheaper than its main rivals while offering more features ensure it scores big on value for money as well.
- Attractive and sophisticated styling
- Efficient and economical engine
- Extremely well equipped
- Great warranty
X Lack of low-down torque
To read more about it in Sowetan, visit https://www.timeslive.co.za/motoring/