2019 Renault Sandero Stepway Expression 900T
Great value and practicality!
Model: 2019 Renault Sandero Stepway Expression 900T
Pre-Owned Price: R 159 900
Mileage: 8 933km
Warranty: Remainder of 5-year/150 000km
Maintenance Plan: Remainder of 2-year/30 000km
Fuel Consumption (combined): 5.4-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 11.1 seconds
Contact: Dale Peterson from Motus Select Zambezi at (012) 492 5195
Great value and practicality at the price!
The Renault Sandero Stepway is probably one of the most practical and spacious vehicles at this specific price point.
With its increased 40mm ride height the Stepway is certainly more practical than the standard version as traversing rougher roads or climbing over nasty kerbs should not pose any problems for this little hatch.
The increased ride height also ensures slightly better ride quality, especially on rougher roads.
Background and condition of vehicle:
- Overall our test vehicle was in a near perfect condition.
- The exterior was just about perfect with the exception of one minor little scratch on the left front door.
- The interior was still as good as new as one would have expected with less than 9 000km on the clock.
- The grey cloth upholstery seemed quite attractive with the “Stepway” stitching on the seats a nice touch.
- More good news is the fact that the set of 205/55R16 tyres fitted to our test Sandero seemed as good as new due to the vehicle’s low milage.
Performance and Economy:
- Power comes from Renault’s 900cc 3-cylinder turbocharged engine that we see in many of their models.
- Maximum power is rated at 66 Kilowatts accompanied by 135Nm of torque.
- This tiny engine does offer superb economy with an average fuel consumption figure of just 5.4-litres per 100km.
- Performance compares very favourably with most of it’s competitors at this price.
- The 0-100km/h sprint takes around 11.1 seconds.
- Although there was some turbo-lag at pull-away, the lag becomes much less noticeable once the vehicle is on the move and the Stepway therefore performs more than decently in and around town.
- The little 3-cylinder engine makes a lovely noise too!
How does it drive?
- You will find the Renault Stepway’s suspension is a little bit more comfortable than the standard Sandero’s, and the raised ride height helps it deal with rough tracks, fields and more importantly - speed humps.
- You will notice a little more body lean compared to the standard Sandero, although it is only noticeable when pushing on through corners.
- The Stepway also offers light clutch and gear change actions enhancing the enjoyment of driving the vehicle around town.
- The light power steering also ensures that parking in tight places is easy and effortless.
- A decent NCAP safety rating means the Renault Sandero Stepway is reasonably safe as you get dual airbags and anti-lock brakes.
Inside the vehicle:
- The Sandero Stepway interior design proved quite basic with no fancy thrills, but rather lots of hard plastics. This said it is expected at the price, while on the upside the materials did seem durable and for the most part the interior still appears reasonably stylish.
- The Stepway’s basic interior design keeps buttons to a minimum and the switches that are there are logically laid out and proved practical to use.
- You also get a fair amount of standard kit that included the following:
- Dual airbags
- Power Steering
- Blue tooth phone connectivity
- Central Locking
- ABS braking with EBD
- Electric windows (Front)
- USB port
- Multi-function steering wheel (Stalk behind wheel)
Space and Practicality:
- Although the Sandero Stepway is regarded as a compact city car, it is surprisingly spacious inside.
- Especially in the rear you will find plenty of head and legroom, equivalent to a small family car.
- Loading space proved decent too, with 292-litres on offer. The rear seats can also be folded down flat if more loading space is required.
- The Stepway scores well with it’s fashionable exterior design, raised ride height practicality and spacious interior.
- Low running cost is also ensured by the highly fuel efficient 900cc Turbo power unit, while Renault’s fantastic 5-year/150 000km warranty should further create piece of mind amongst buyers.
- Finally at R 159 900 our close to new Renault Sandero Stepway also delivers excellent value for money.
- Good value
- Comfortable and spacious at the price
- Raised ride heigh adds practicality
X A lot of hard plastic trim