2020 Nissan Micra 1.2 Active Visia
Micra offers solid budget motoring!
Model: 2020 Nissan Micra 1.2 Active Visia
Pre-Owned Price: R 149 800
Mileage: 25 000km
Warranty: Remainder of 6-year/150 000km
Service Plan: Remainder of 3-year/90 000km
Fuel Consumption (combined): 5.2-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 13.2 seconds
Contact: Henry Barnard from Motus Nissan East Rand at 072 349 3386
Micra offers solid budget motoring!
Although probably not the most striking in design, the Micra still offers solid budget motoring with excellent ride quality and impressive fuel economy at the price. For budget buyers its also good to know that the Micra should deliver low running costs for years to come, supported by Nissan’s excellent 150 000km warranty. Especially thinking long-term you certainly can’t go wrong with a Nissan Micra as your first or even your next budget buy.
Background and condition of vehicle:
- This particular Micra is sold with 25 000km on the clock.
- Overall the vehicle proved to be tidy, although we did notice some small scratches on the front bumper and driver side door.
- I was however told that this could easily be repaired before the next owner takes ownership of the vehicle.
- Inside the cabin we could not notice any major flaws at all.
- The 165/70r14 tyres were still good for a fair amount of mileage and especially the rear tyres seemed close to new.
Performance and Economy:
- Power is supplied by a 1200cc 3-cylinder 12-valve engine that produces 55 Kilowatts and 104Nm of torque.
- Overall performance proved adequate for a vehicle of this nature, although as expected the little engine needs to be worked hard to get the best out of it.
- In and around the city the Micra actually performs rather well with enough power to keep up with moving traffic.
- A major plus with such a small engine is excellent fuel economy and the little Micra sips just 5.2-litres of fuel every 100 kilometers.
How does it drive?
- For such a small vehicle the Micra offers more than decent ride quality which is certainly on par with most of its competitors.
- On rougher roads bump absorption impressed, naturally aided by those high profile 165/70R14 tyres.
- Little effort is required to drive the Micra with it’s light and easy to operate clutch and gearchange actions.
- Like most of its 3-cylinder competitors the engine does become audible in the cabin, especially as you have to keep the engine speeds up most of the time to get the best out of it.
- Good news is that the little 3-cylinder sounds lovely.
Inside the vehicle:
- Unfortunately, budget vehicles do come with a lot of plastic trim and the Micra is no different.
- On a positive note they are tough and well put together.
- More good news is that you do get a basic touch screen multi-media system with blue tooth connectivity, as well as safety features like ABS with EBD, Brake assist and Dual airbags.
- Standard features included the following:
- Air-conditioning - Dual Airbags
- Central Locking - ABS braking with EBD
- Basic touch screen multi-media infotainment system - USB port
- Bluetooth connectivity - Power steering
- Electric windows (front only) - 12V socket
Space and Practicality:
- Despite its small dimensions the Micra offers decent in-cabin comfort.
- The seating is comfortable and there is certainly enough leg and headroom.
- I was impressed with the amount of rear space, especially compared to some of its competitors.
- Boot space for this caliber of vehicle also proved generous at 255-litres with the seats in the upright position.
- This little Micra certainly offers solid budget and hassle-free motoring and unlike many budget buys the Micra also comes accompanied by the remainder of a 3-year/90 000km service plan.
- Nissan vehicles are renowned to be reliable and I see no reason for it to be different with this Micra.
- With its good all-round ride quality, decent safety features and excellent fuel economy the Micra is most certainly a good budget buy for consumers out there.
- Excellent warranty and Service Plan
- Nissan reliability and low running costs
X Shiny hard plastics in cabin