2020 Toyota Etios 1.5 XS Sprint
Incredibly special Etios a great buy!
Model: 2020 Toyota Etios 1.5 XS Sprint (5dr)
Pre-Owned Price: R 179 900
Warranty: 3 Year/100 000Km
Service Plan: 3 Services/30 000Km
Fuel Consumption (combined): 6.0-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 11.3 seconds
Contact: Assif Majid from Motus Toyota Parktown at (011) 276 0600
Incredibly special Etios a great buy!
Our Toyota Etios featured this week is certainly special. Registered in 2020 and offered as a used buy this Etios is actually still brand new and therefore a massive value proposition to buyers. Compared to the new list price this little Etios offers a saving of almost R 18 000.
Background and condition of vehicle:
- With only a 113km on the clock there is not much to mention about the condition of the vehicle as its brand new.
Performance and Economy:
- At this price point most budget buys are more than often equipped with small engines offering poor performance.
- The best trump card played by the Etios is it’s punchy little 1500cc 16-valve engine.
- The engine pumps out a healthy 66 Kilowatts of maximum power accompanied by 132Nm of torque, easily trumping most of its competitors at this price point.
- All out performance is therefore very decent, with the 0-100 km/h sprint dispatched in 11.3-seconds.
- Buyers will struggle to find a vehicle with better all-round performance than the Etios at this price point.
- Due to its larger capacity engine, fuel economy is probably not the best at this price point, yet the Etios is still pretty frugal with a quoted combined fuel economy figure of 6.0-litres per 100km.
How does it drive?
- The little Etios proved to be quite comfortable, again possibly providing better ride quality than most of its rivals at this price point.
- It is also good to know that the Etios is fun to drive and actually handles very well despite it’s budget car status.
- Like expected, the 5-speed manual gearbox proved effortless to use and shifted sweetly between the cogs.
- Seeing that this Etios is still new it felt really solid and there was no signs of even the smallest rattle or squeak inside the cabin.
Inside the vehicle:
- Although the cabin is quite plain in design, the overall fit and finishes inside the Etios were good.
- A big positive was the durable nature of all the materials used inside the cabin.
- Unfortunately the hard to the touch plastic trim did appear a little cheap, this is however a common problem with budget vehicles at this price.
- I found the instrument panel situated slightly to the left of the driver quite different and to be honest actually proved more practical than one would have expected.
- On the downside the little Etios is probably not as well equipped as some of its main rivals, although still boasting enough essential features to make every day driving comfortable.
- Safety features included a driver and passenger side airbag as well as ABS braking with EBD.
- Standard features included the following:
- Electric windows all-round
- Central Locking - Power steering
- 12 Volt and USB ports - Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Radio with CD-Player
- ABS Braking
- 15-inch Alloy wheels
Space and Practicality:
- This is another area the Etios scores well.
- The interior felt quite roomy and can easily accommodate four adults.
- Head and leg room in the front as well as the rear of the vehicle also proved to be more than generous.
- The boot area offers 251-litres of space, while the rear seats also fold down for added practicality and loading space.
- At the price and the fact that the vehicle is still new ensures this little Etios is a fantastic buy.
- The punchy 1500cc engine delivers unrivalled performance at the price, while overall comfort also proved to be excellent.
- Good residual values, Toyota reliability as well as a 30 000km service plan should also give buyers added peace of mind with this budget purchase.
- Best performance at this price point
- Good all-round comfort
- Great value offered with this particular buy
X Hard plastic trim
X Not as well equipped as some of its rivals