Popular VW Polo Vivo a good pre-owned hatchback choice.
2019 VW Polo Vivo 1.4 Comfortline specifications:
Model: 2019 VW Polo Vivo 1.4 Comfortline
Pre-Owned Price: R 205 900
Mileage: 9 640km
Finance Deal: Could be structured
Maintenance Plan: Optional extra available
Fuel Consumption (combined): 7.1-litres per 100km
0-100km/h: 12.8 seconds
Contact: Contact Oscar Malatije from Lindsay Saker VW Germiston at 087 893 7759
Value for money, reliability and durability are but a few of the Polo Vivo’s trademarks that has made it a best seller over the last few years. Excellent residual values ensure it’s a popular buy at this price point.
Background and condition of vehicle:
- Only 9 640km on the clock.
- The previous owner treated the vehicle well and there was no flaws or imperfections on the bodywork that we could notice.
- Overall the vehicle was in great shape, as you would have expected with such low mileage.
Performance and Economy:
- Although the engine tech in the Vivo by today’s standards are by no means state of the art, it still delivers a remarkably satisfying all-round driving experience.
- The trusted 1.4-litre 8-valve power unit promises 63 Kilowatts of power and 132Nm of torque.
- Although not huge on outright performance in 8-valve configuration the Vivo delivers fantastic usable low-down torque, which makes for a lovely every-day city car.
- The silky-smooth shifting 5-speed manual gearbox further enhances the effortless driving experience.
- Fuel economy comes quoted at 7.1-litres per 100km.
How does it drive?
- Ride comfort is a strong selling point.
- The suspension set-up is very comfortable and compliant on most road surfaces.
- Definitely class leading in terms of comfort.
- As expected after 9 600km of mileage the car drove like a new one and no funny noises or rattles were noticed.
Inside the vehicle:
- The recently upgraded Polo Vivo certainly offers a far more modern cabin, with improved levels of quality.
- The trim on the dashboard is now softer to the touch, although some of the harder plastic trim on the doors have been retained.
- Overall the cabin might still seem a bit bland to some, but the fabrics and trim remain of good quality and will most certainly be durable in the long run.
- Standard kit included the following:
- Air-conditioning - Electric windows (front only)
- Central Locking - Bluetooth connectivity
- Multi-function steering wheel - Dual Airbags
- On-Board trip computer - USB Port
- Multi-media infotainment system - ABS braking
- Alloy wheels
Space and Practicality:
- As a small to medium sized hatchback the Vivo felt quite spacious.
- Head and legroom certainly proved more than adequate for even taller people.
- Boot space also compares well with most of its rivals at 280-litres, while this could be increased by folding down the rear seats to 952-litres.
Although not striking in design, the Polo Vivo remains an accomplished all-rounder that is easy to recommend to any buyer in this price range.
- Easy going nature
- Good quality at the price
- Ride comfort
X Not as economical as some of its competitors
X Maintenance plan available as an option