Most affordable Kwid, also the most economical!
Not only is it one of the most affordable cars on the market, but also one of the most economical. Proving this by finishing the 2019 WesBank Fuel Economy Tour as the second most fuel-efficient petrol vehicle overall.
Model: 2019 Renault Kwid Expression
Pre-Owned Price: R 99 000
Mileage: 10 580km
Warranty: Remainder of 5-year/150 000km
Fuel Consumption (combined): 4.7-litres/100km
0-100km/h: 13.6 seconds
Contact: Sebastian Fourie from Nissan Menlyn at 087 054 9808
Background and condition of vehicle:
- With only 10 580km on the clock this one-year old Renault Kwid certainly still appeared like new.
- Our used Kwid even came equipped with four new 155/80R13 tyres.
Performance and Economy:
- The Renault Kwid comes powered by a 1-litre 3-cylinder 12-valve engine that produces 51kW and 91Nm of torque.
- With the Kwid weighing in at under 700kg it performs quite admirably and especially at low speeds in and around town it feels quite nippy.
- The 0-100km/h dash takes around 13-seconds
- The Kwid is one of the most fuel-efficient petrol vehicles you can buy today and with careful driving it can achieve figures around 5-litres per 100km all day long.
How does it drive?
- Most importantly the Kwid boast 18cm of ground clearance to deal with the poor standard of roads which have become the norm in South Africa of late.
- The raised suspension allows for better bump absorption and a softer ride, thus ensuring the Kwid offers quite a comfortable ride considering its entry level status.
- The 5-speed manual gearbox had quite short throws and shifted smoothly.
- Although we loved the 3-cylinder engine note, we did find that the engine was quite noisy at high revolutions. For entry level vehicles at this price point it is pretty much the norm though.
Inside the vehicle:
- Inside the Kwid like with most entry level vehicles you will unfortunately not find any soft touch plastics, but the plastic trim is durable and tough.
- The electronic dash display was attractive and a nice touch at this price point.
- Standard features included the following:
- Driver side airbag
- Central Locking
- ABS braking
- Front electric windows
- USB port
- Radio with Bluetooth connectivity
- Power steering
- Electronic Dash Display
- Full size spare wheel
Space and Practicality:
- Despite its tiny frame, four adults can sit comfortably enough without too much of a squeeze.
- There is even a 300-litre boot, which is similar in size to a Ford Fiesta.
- Although this is essentially basic, small transport, the Kwid has real character, something you would not expect at this price really.
- But for the most part the Renault Kwid is all about value for money and economy. And to be honest there is just nothing that can compete at under a R 100 000.
- Well priced = Good value
- Super economical
- Enjoyable to drive
- Increased ride height
X No Rev Counter
X Only Driver side airbag
Visit IOL To read more about it .